The Renew Sleep Solution – Oral Appliance Therapy
Continuous Open Airway Treatment (oral appliance therapy)
Custom-fitted dental devices have proven to be a successful treatment for many OSA sufferers and snorers. They are less cumbersome and more comfortable than other alternatives such as CPAP or surgery. At Renew Sleep Solutions, we can recommend a device that is most appropriate for your individual situation. Our solutions are proven to be effective and are FDA cleared Class II medical devices (FDA 510K #K050592 and #K130558) that have many advantages including:
- Insurance: Most private insurance and Medicare / Medicaid plans cover Continuous Open Airway Treatment (COAT) at Renew Sleep Solutions. We can find out for you if you’re covered.
- Comfort: Many patients who have tried Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) treatment and found it too uncomfortable or too cumbersome have found success with oral appliance therapy.
- Fast Results: Most patients grow accustomed to the COAT within a few days or weeks and it begins providing relief from sleep disordered breathing immediately.
- Portable: Unlike the more cumbersome CPAP device that requires electricity, the oral device fits in a pocket and can be taken anywhere, making travel much more feasible.
- Ease of Use: Patients can drink and talk while wearing the device, unlike some of the other treatment options.
- Silent and Less Noticeable: OSA sufferers and their sleep partners are sometimes bothered by the noise and presence of breathing devices like the CPAP.
At Renew Sleep Solutions we choose the leader in COAT, The SomnoDent® which adds another dimension to this proven therapy: Gentle (unnoticeable) forward tongue posturing and an open anterior design provide maximum effectiveness and comfort. When combined with mandibular advancement, the Renew Sleep Solution™ becomes what we believe to be the most effective and comfortable appliance available.
In addition, the two-part construction allows patients to talk, drink, open wide and close their lips, making this, in many users opinions, the most comfortable appliance available to treat sleep apnea.
The Renew Sleep Solution™ is comfortable. In studies, 88% of patients reported regular use of the appliance. The life expectancy of the Renew Sleep Solution™ is 3 to 5 years, and all of our devices have a 3-year warranty against manufacturing defects. Most importantly the Renew Sleep Solution™ is clinically effective. Fifteen independent studies demonstrate the device’s significant clinical benefits and 91% of patients reported improvement in sleep quality.
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
In a treatment called Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), patients wear a specialized mask over the nose and face during sleep. The mask is connected to a device that delivers a steady supply of air, keeping the airway open. CPAP treatment is usually very successful, provided the patient is willing to use it correctly and consistently.
Upper Airway Surgery
Several different “snoring surgery” options exist and are determined by each patient’s specific problem. Some surgeries are minimal, while others involve more serious risks. Most patients report that these procedures are painful and have mediocre results. The pillar procedure and UPPP are not recognized by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine as first line therapies for obstructive sleep apnea.
Call today to see how Renew Sleep Solutions can give you relief without the mask or surgery. We can even check your insurance coverage for you.
Other Lifestyle Changes
- Lose weight
- Stop smoking
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid sleeping on your back and use an elevated bed
- Avoid taking sleeping pills
Ready to Sleep Better?
We're always here to help.
Complete the information below and we'll be in touch shortly.